Camping Equipment Reviews

Camping gear reviews and commentary on today's latest and greatest camping gear!

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

CrossKix

CrossKix
CrossKix
Typically I've always been one to follow the trends. Docksiders and Polo shirts in the 80s, acid-washed jeans in the 90s, and cargo shorts in the 2000s. But I am proud of the fact that I never fell for the Crocs fad. I've have never owned a single pair of Crocs and I'm a better person for it.

I know what you're saying, "that can't be true because everyone in the world has owned them." I just couldn't bring myself to buy any. I think they look clownish, uncomfortable and sweaty. And after seeing so many people wear them in places they shouldn't be, i.e., church, weddings, upscale restaurants, I resolved that I would not be one of these people.

Then I saw the CrossKix. While these are made of a similar EVA-type (Ethylene vinyl acetate) substance as Crocs, that is where the similarities end. These shoes are light, soft, and extremely comfortable. They have a velcro strap that allows you to adjust the fit until they're snug. They are anti-microbial and have strategically placed air vents to help your feet stay cool.

They come in 12 different color combinations and are sized for both men and women.

CrossKix is a relatively new company, having been initially funded through a KickStarter campaign in 2013. But they are growing and have recently launched a Spring 2015 line.

Check out this video from the company's founder, Eric Saligumba: 


No comments:

Post a Comment