Camping Equipment Reviews

Camping gear reviews and commentary on today's latest and greatest camping gear!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Seattle Sports AquaKnot 1800 Dry Bag/Backpack



Dear Canvas,

We shared some wonderful times over the years. You and I have been through a lot together. Remember the trip to Mexico? You hauled my heavy 4×5 camera all the way to the top of Chichen Itza and you never complained once. And when we went through the thick mangrove forests in Columbia, you came out all scratched, but relatively intact.
But I knew the good times had to come to an end. Our trip to the Oregon coast this winter revealed your true nature. Your attitude was all soggy and wet. You became dead weight to me as I struggled to get to the edge of the ocean at Ecola State Park

Since then, I knew our relationship was over, but now I just need closure. And I’ve met another that can give me that closure. Seattle Sports AquaKnot 1800 came into my life just when I needed it most. In fact AquaKnot gives me 3 kinds of closure. 

When I’m rafting and need side closure, AquaKnot offers detachable straps that cinch down to the sides of the bag, which connect to traditional top buckles.

When I’m feeling more traditional, AquaKnot give me a simple clip-together closure. All I have to do is roll three times and clip together in the center. 

And finally, when I’m cycling and I need a quick, clean closure but don’t need cinch-down waterproof protection, AquaKnot’s side straps clip off and the buckles hide to allow for a simple center-mounted over-the top Velcro®-style strap to keep the bag closed.

All in all, I’ve found the perfect companion. I’m sorry Canvas, but you and I knew it couldn’t last forever. There were too many holes in our relationship. 

Canvas, there’s one last thing you should know. You stink! (AquaKnot smells as nice as the day we met.)

Good luck and good bye.

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment