Camping Equipment Reviews

Camping gear reviews and commentary on today's latest and greatest camping gear!

Monday, October 19, 2015

JR Talker Duck Call

I have a friend, Troy Buzalsky, who is a fireman by day, but an outdoor writer in his heart. He's written articles in a number of outdoor magazines including Fish Alaska and Salmon Trout Steelheader magazine.

JR Talker duck callA couple of weeks ago, we got together and I mentioned that I'd had my 50th birthday recently. He apologized for missing it and we didn't discuss it further. I did notice the JR Talker duck call he had sitting on his dash though. He said he'd just gotten it from his friend JR (Wally) Anderson. JR makes each of these calls by hand and is incredibly detailed about it. These things are works of art. I've often thought of getting into the duck call-making business, but after seeing the exacting nature of creating these calls, I've decided I don't have it in my makeup.

So out the blue, Troy stopped by yesterday to deliver a surprise. My very own JR Talker, with the words, "Happy 50th" printed on the ring. And it was in Wisconsin Badger color to boot!

If you're looking for a call that sounds great and is an heirloom piece that you can hand down to your kids or grandkids, visit JR's website at www.jrtalker.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment