Camping Equipment Reviews

Camping gear reviews and commentary on today's latest and greatest camping gear!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Black Diamond Icon LED Headlamp


Dear Hiring Manager,
I would like to apply for the position of Everest Expedition Leader as listed on Craigslist with a post date of 3/16/15. After reviewing the requirements of the position, I feel my background is well-suited to the position.
While I have never lead an expedition of the scope and magnitude entailed in this position, I feel that my experience in other areas more than makes up for this. For the last 10 years, I have led trips comprised of several individuals to the coffee shop on the corner of our block. This has required immense organizational and leadership skill. Group members were required to meet at a designated rendezvous spot outside the building at 10:30 am. They were told to talk with no one on their way out, and if questioned were told to report they had a "client meeting." With only one exception this was carried out without incident.

Other skills I possess that would lend themselves well to this position include my ability to keep my balance whilst walking on the icy sidewalks near my home, the ability to light my cigarette while wearing heavy gloves, and my rope work ability gained through several years of using the rope tow at our local ski hill. (I am skilled in the use of the one-hand in front, one-hand in back technique that I am sure you require.)

Of particular note is my knowledge in the areas of lighting and proper headlamp usage. I currently possess the 320 lumen Black Diamond Icon headlamp, and have mastered the skills necessary to operate its QuadPower LED spotlight, two SinglePower white LEDs and two SinglePower red LEDs. I am also familiar with the power settings that include full strength (in proximity and distance modes), dimming, strobe, red night vision. This has come in particularly handy when using the lowest brightness level to speak directly with other team members and not wanting to blind them. I am also intimately familiar with the Icon's battery power meter.

It's for these reasons I believe you should hire me as your next Everest Expedition Leader. Please contact me as your earliest convenience. I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Tim Bulb

ps: references available upon request.

No comments:

Post a Comment